Reliable Backup Solution! Ask how we can help!
All-in-One Cloud Storage Gateways
CTERA’s cloud storage gateways are hybrid appliances that seamlessly combine local storage, cloud storage, data protection functionality and collaboration capabilities in a single, cost-effective package. Ideal for SMBs as well as enterprise branches and remote offices, CTERA’s appliances can replace legacy file servers and tape backup in a single solution with significant cost savings.
The appliances feature a full set of Network Attached Storage (NAS) capabilities and comprehensive backup functionality, utilizing on-premises storage capabilities for speed and local sharing, while taking advantage of cloud storage for off-site backup, universal access, file sharing, and folder synchronization.
The On-Ramp to Cloud Storage
CTERA cloud storage gateways enable selective replication of data to the cloud providing full control over cloud storage use and costs, while making it possible to access files, share them and restore them directly from the cloud.
Comprehensive Data Protection
With the included CTERA backup software and managed agents, the CTERA cloud storage gateways provide a highly cost-effective and comprehensive solution for server, desktop and laptop backup. Key features include:
- Automated scheduled local & cloud backup
- Selective file backup and “bare metal” disk-level backup
- Bandwidth optimized cloud backup with block-level de-duplication
- Application-aware backup for Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server and Active Directory
Robust NAS Capabilities
CTERA appliances provide a rich set of storage capabilities with enterprise-level security and management features:
- RAID for redundancy in case of disk failure (available on the C200, C400 and C800)
- CIFS, NFS and AFP (Apple Filing Protocol) for network file sharing and folder synchronization
- User quotas and role-based user management
- Thin-provisioned snapshots with Next3
- Active Directory integration
- Web access using DDNS and WebDAV (via CTERA Portal)
CTERA cloud storage gateways can be managed remotely via CTERA Portal. Template-based management and remote firmware upgrades make it possible to manage numerous appliances while maintaining minimal on-site IT and reducing total cost of ownership.
Leave a Reply